Nothing is quite as much fun as entertaining outdoors. Enjoying the beautiful summer weather with your friends and family members is the perfect way to relax and unwind.
Best of all, you don't have to settle for a drab, boring outdoor space. Instead, by using the right furniture, plants, and accessories, you can turn your backyard into a show-stopping garden where your guests will love to spend time.
- Add character to your table setting through the use of creative accessories. For instance, when setting the table for a get-together, decorate the stems of your glasses with fragrant flowers like lavender and rosemary.
- Take care of basic outdoor maintenance tasks. Make sure to feed and water your lawn, mowing it as needed to keep it at a reasonable height. Likewise, add mulch to your flower beds to help keep weeds under control. Even if you don't have time to mow your entire lawn, you can still cut down any tall weeds using a trimmer to give your yard a neater, tidier appearance.
- Make evening get-togethers more enjoyable by planting flowers that bloom at night. Some that you may want to explore include jasmine, honeysuckle, and phlox.
- Create a cool space on hot summer days by installing an awning, garden umbrella, an item from Outdoor Art Pros or a pergola. Having a shaded area where guests can escape from the heat of the sun can make spending time in your yard or garden a lot more enjoyable.
- If you enjoy barbecuing outdoors, plant an herb garden near the area where your barbecue is located. You can pick fresh herbs straight from the garden to incorporate into your cooking or to garnish your drinks.
- Create the perfect gathering spot by adding a fire pit to your outdoor seating area. Surround the fire pit with comfortable, cushioned chairs or benches to encourage guests to relax and unwind.
- For entertaining after dark, make sure that you have adequate lighting installed. Lighting not only can help you see what you are doing but it can also help set the mood. Solar lights are a great choice since you don't have to worry about placing them close to an electrical outlet.
- Add hidden drama to your outdoor space by using glow-in-the-dark paint to highlight key areas of your garden. Painting an accent wall, a fence, or another area of your yard with this type of paint can create a fun surprise for your guests after the sun sets in the evening.
- Add comfort to your outdoor space through the use of rugs, cushions, draperies, and other textiles. These types of accessories can help create the feeling of an outdoor room, blending the comfort of the indoors with the natural charm and character of your garden.