If you are looking for all the new arcade games for Xbox One, then you are at the right place. With brilliant audio and visual effects, cutting-edge graphics and enthralling story lines, these games transport you to a whole new world in seconds. Whether you are looking for action, adventure, shooting or strategy, there is something for everyone.Note that there are quite a few Xbox 360 games which can now be played on Xbox One, owing to the backward compatibility added by Microsoft last year, to their current generation consoles. Today we are going to list 19 Best Xbox One Arcade Games that leave you Asking for More.
- 19 Best Xbox One Arcade Games that leave you asking for more
- #19. Child of Light
- #18. Game of Thrones: Episode One (Iron from Ice)
- #17. Resident Evil HD Remaster
- #16. Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
- #15. Limbo
- #14. Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee– New & Tasty
- #13. Shovel Knight
- #12. Banjo-Kazooie
- #11. Castle Crashers Remastered
- #10. Doom
- #9. Beyond Good & Evil HD
- #8. Earthworm Jim HD
- #7. Ikaruga
- #6. Metal Slug 3
- #5. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
- #4. N+
- #3. Perfect Dark
- #2 Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
- #1. Super Meat Boy
19 Best Xbox One Arcade Games that leave you asking for more
So check out our comprehensive list of 19 Best Xbox One Arcade Games in 2017 here to stay ahead of the game.
#19. Child of Light
BUY LATEST VERSION
Your journey as Princess Aurora in this game takes you through the wide world of Lemuria, to recapture the sun, moon, and stars which the Black Queen has stolen. You get to explore mythical environments, interact with their occupants and find out new locations and their secrets.
- Use your power to fight evil creatures in fast-paced combats, and retrieve the three sources of light.
- Your firefly companion can be controlled by another player, so you can enjoy the game with your friend too.
#18. Game of Thrones: Episode One (Iron from Ice)
Inspired by the award-winning television series, this game revolves around the House Forester, in the north of Westeros. The members of this household have always been unwaveringly loyal to the Starks. And the house itself is situated at Ironrath, a stronghold to be reckoned with. Now caught up in The War of the Five Kings, every household member has to fight tooth and nail to save the house from destruction.
- You will get to visit both familiar and unfamiliar locations, faces and voices in this game. And a new narrative greets you.
- The game can be played from 5 different points of view, where each character you play is a direct family member of the house or a person serving it.
BUY LATEST VERSION
If extreme horror is your cup of tea, then do go for this one. The story is set in the infamous Raccoon City, where you can assume the role of either Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine. They are members of the Special Tactics and Rescue Service or S. T. A. R. S. And you are on a mission to find the missing Bravo team.
- Gear up for a dark, grim journey through enclosed spaces. Vicious mutated dogs and numerous other horrors await you.
- Use your skills, wits, limited ammunition and survival items to get through traps and puzzles.
- The gaming ambiance is enhanced by super realistic sound effects and unbeatable graphics.
#16. Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
BUY LATEST VERSION
Get to relive the timeless thrill of playing hide-n-seek with this game, but with much more finesse. As a clone, you will have to make your way through a number of dangerous test chambers, always making sure that you don’t get detected. If you are spotted by the eagle-eyes of your adversaries, your life will end in a whiff.
- So it is all about resorting to shadows, staying away from patrol robots, spotlights, and ferocious dogs, as you head towards the exit.
- You can use unique equipment to unlock new areas and solve old puzzles.
- Play with your buddy in a full co-op mode. So while one of you controls the clone, the other will have to employ different skills and tools to hide and protect the former player.
Among the best arcade games for Xbox One, this one can be aptly described as creepy, dark and nightmarish. It is a black and white puzzle-platforming adventure, where you play as a young boy on his way to find out about his sister’s fate, in an unfriendly world.
- You will face dark and sinister forests, underground complexes with traps and stormy rooftops. Monsters like giant spiders and brain worms will cross your path too.
- Be quick, fearless and resourceful if you want to survive the journey and attain your goal.
#14. Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee– New & Tasty
This classic adventure game filled with fun activities is sheer entertainment. Take control of Abe, who is an ugly and quirky Mudokon slave. He and others like him have been forced to work in a meatpacking plant where different species are driven to extinction.
And the next in line is Mudokons! So Abe has to escape from the plant and save as many of his fellowmen as possible.
- There are various platform elements and puzzles for you to use on this mission.
- Abe must also communicate effectively with other Mudokons to finish the game and lead them towards rescue portals.
#13. Shovel Knight
BUY LATEST VERSION
An exciting gameplay, unforgettable characters, and 8-bit retro aesthetic make this one a dream come true for action adventure gamers. As the Shovel Knight, you are modest in size but have a massive quest in front of you. You essentially have to vanquish the evil Enchantress and find your lost beloved.
- The Shovel Blade, a multipurpose weapon will help you to dig assiduously and slash your enemies without mercy.
- But a host of villainous knights, known as The Order of No Quarter, will try to stop you from reaching the Enchantress.
- Feel your pulse racing as you shovel your way to glory, through artistically designed levels and fight big and crazy bosses along the way.
You take on the role of Banjo, a honey bear in this game. Your sister Tooty has been kidnapped and you are looking for her with the help of your close friend Kazooie, a red gull. Each of you has different strengths which will come in useful during the quest. The game takes you through 10 worlds, the doors of which can be unlocked by finding jigsaw pieces and musical notes.
- Both you and Kazooie have more than 20 moves.
- There are over 9 levels which include a huge underworld too. And the music keeps changing throughout the game.
- Make use of the Stop ‘N’ Swop feature to connect this game with the third game in the franchise called Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
Crafted by The Behemoth, this re-mastered edition of the famous 2D adventure will wow you with its high-resolution visuals. You and 3 other friends can play online or locally, hacking and slashing your way to fame! Defend your kingdom, rescue your princess and crash castles to save the day.
- Get to unlock more than 40 weapons and 25 characters.
- Augment your character’s level and adjust strength, magic, agility, and defense accordingly.
- Cute animal orbs will be your allies and will lend various abilities to help you during the journey.
- The insane mode lets you test your game proficiency in the ultimate campaign challenge.
BUY LATEST VERSION
Powerful and violent demons are posing dangers to the Union Aerospace Corporation’s giant research facility on Mars, in this game. Only you, a lone marine stationed there, can destroy them.
- You have to battle undead marines besides the brutal demons of your freedom.
- Various weapons will be at your disposal including the notorious BFG 9000.
- Both single player and multiplayer modes are offered.
This game introduces you to Jade, a smart and lovely young woman who has the knack to unravel mysteries and a camera to help her on the way. When her planet is threatened by aliens, she finds herself in the midst of a terrible conspiracy which could reveal the darkest secrets about the government.
- As Jade, you will get to use a hovercraft to explore a massive water-covered world.
- You can also take off to different islands, talk to merchants, accomplish assignments to earn money, and take your intriguing story forward.
- As you progress, you will acquire multiple weapons and useful items for your quest.
- With the aid of your talking man-pig friend, you will have to save your planet ultimately.
#8. Earthworm Jim HD
A list of top Xbox One arcade games is incomplete without this reborn classic. The story naturally focuses on Jim, a very ordinary earthworm who one day suddenly turns extraordinary, when a suit drops on him from an outer space battle. He transforms into a large and intelligent superhero, ready to explore a universe full of gameplay possibilities.
- Make the most out of both original and new levels, unique locations and enemies you haven’t encountered before.
- The game also allows you to play with a gang of friends on a 4 player co-op, online or locally.
Ikaruga is a popular shooter game which is fast paced, has enthralling strategy elements and offers a 2 player co-op gaming mode. You have to fight your way through 18 stages, and use both brawns and brains in a space crusade of mind-blowing firepower.
- Take control of the ship Ikaruga, change your energy field, escape fire attacks and get rid of enemies with the help of countless weapons in your possession.
- Your foes may be black or white and depending on that, you can flip your ship between the 2 colors. So if you flip your ship to black, then it will be able to absorb black bullets but it cannot be shot down easily.
- Enjoy the storytelling which is manga-style and elegant.
#6. Metal Slug 3
Looking for a classic 3D shooter game which lets you side-scroll? Satiate your ambitions with Metal Slug 3 where the wicked General Morden is trying to establish a new world order. Join Marco, Eri, Flo, and Tarma to foil his plans, but be wary of what is waiting for you behind the chaos. Enjoy the action as it builds up in every level and leads to a blazing final showdown.
- There are various routes through the stages which offer room for extended replays.
- Depending on the route you take, you will have to face different enemies with exclusive characteristics.
- Numerous metal slugs with different abilities can help you complete the mission.
BUY LATEST VERSION
Becoming a blood-thirsty, notorious pirate in the Caribbean is no mean task. So you will need to gather both your guts and wits together, to play this game. You will also be glad to know that the special edition presents high definition graphics and a re-mastered music score with fully orchestrated details.
- The entire voice over has been done by the original Monkey Island franchise cast, which animates the characters beautifully.
- On your quest to become an infamous buccaneer, you have to impress the lovely governor Elaine Marley and fight the ghost pirate LeChuck.
- It is possible to transition seamlessly between the special edition and classic modes whenever and wherever you please.
- The gameplay is more interactive than before and the puzzles in the game are fresh.
As an action-puzzle platformer, N+ is unparalleled and comes with over 300 levels, and a built-in the level editor if you want more! You have to play the role of a brave ninja with brilliant acrobatic skills who must survive in a world of murderous robots. N+ offers unlimited lives, satisfying action and a lot of gold. So get ready to run, jump and die in a comical but unpleasant way if you fail.
- The gameplay featuring fun ragdoll physics can get addictive in no time.
- You will get the chance to sharpen your ninja reflexes owing to a large number of levels offered.
- The game includes multiple cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes so that you can opt for race, survival or co-op play.
- Feel free to replay each level to see how quickly it was completed.
- You will also find extra ninja costumes for both single player and multiplayer games.
#3. Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark is the ideal concoction of mystery and danger, among the top Xbox One arcade games. You will play the spy thriller as Joanna Dark, who is a secret agent employed by the secret Carrington Institute. Rescuing a kidnapped scientist and uncovering the truth about the DataDyne Corporation is your chief goals.
- As the game evolves, you will get involved in government cover-ups, alien conspiracies and your life will be in danger at every moment.
- Get to enjoy the original game in full HD with 1080p and 60fps.
- The online version of the game via Xbox Live can support a maximum of 50 players.
- You can take your pick from a single player campaign or different multiplayer options like 4-player split screen or cooperative action for infinite replays.
This one celebrates the 30th anniversary of Pac-Man (The Game, we are playing from our childhood), and adds an all new edge to the popular arcade game with even more complex mazes and modes. You still have to control the rotund hero for collecting dots, avoiding ghosts and collecting power pellets. But both experienced fans and fresh players are bound to get a kick out of this edition.
- There are over 100 tortuous mazes for you to navigate and a number of new modes will test your flair for munching pellets.
- In the time attack mode, you have to compete for the fastest clear time whereas, in the mission mode, you need to fulfill a bunch of objectives. The ghost mode will test you on how many ghosts you can gobble up.
- Visual variations, music, shape-changing mazes and other cool features will surprise you for sure.
#1. Super Meat Boy
Are you up for an intense and classic retro platformer? Then this is the game where you can live your ambitions, relish clear-cut twitch reflex platforming and live through epic boss fights. You get to play as an animated cube of meat who is trying to save his girlfriend made of bandages, from a villainous fetus who wears a tuxedo and lives in a jar!
- Experience the excitement of leaping from walls, jumping over millions of buzz saws, and running through collapsing caves and old needles.
- The story mode comes with more than 300 levels and spans across over 5 chapters. You can jump into warp zones and transition into other games easily.
- As the game moves forward, you will be able to collect bandages, medals and find more than 20 unlockable and playable characters from well-known indie games like Trip, Braid, and Bit etc.
Remember that the best arcade Xbox One games always challenge you, encourage you to plan and think, improve your skills and reflexes and so much more. And finally, it all comes down to what sets your heart racing.
If you are not sure which one of the above-mentioned games you should try, we suggest you give a shot to each of them. Or if the list has a game which you particularly like the sound of, let us know about that too.
We would also love to hear from you if we have missed out on some wacky game while compiling the list. Give us a shout here.
You may also like our other articles in this category