Which Cars Defines You The Best?
The feeling you get behind a steering wheel is next to none. There is no other activity in the entire world which sets that adrenaline right when you take it up a notch in your favourite car on a sunny day with the winds flowing through your hair and your family by your side.
However, the recent surge in the automobile industry has shot up the prices significantly. Ergo, not everyone can afford to buy a new car which satiates their senses. What does one do in such a situation? This is where the option of used cars enters the fray.
Here are the best cars under $8000 that you need to know about:
#10. 2005 Toyota Camry
Camry has been a top selling model in the U.S. The car has a lot of satisfied customers as it comes with a lot of features and Toyota is a name trusted by many in the car industry.
- The car offers a lot of comfort for its passengers, it is known for its ride comfort.
- There is a lot of roam in the interiors of the car.
- The car is also known for its good resale value.
- The manufacturers Toyota is a reliable company.
- There are also variable intermittent wipers.
- It has front beverage holders as well as rear beverage holders for you to enjoy your beverage even while you drive without any hassle.
- The lack of side air bag being standard is a minus.
- The style and design of the car is not so pleasing to the eye.
- The car has a 160 horsepower engine.
- The car comes with power door mirrors.
- The car also has power front windows.
- There is also a provision for remote keyless entry in the car for the convenience of the consumer.
- It has AM/Fm radio for you to enjoy music while you drive.
- The cylinder configuration is I4 and it comes with a 2.2 litres engine.
- The fuel economy is somewhere about 24mpg.
- There are 16 valves in the car. It produces torque of 163 lb.-ft. @ 4,000RPM.
- It has a 5 speed manual transmission.
- It comes with ABS brakes and power steering.
- The steering is also a speed sensing one.
- The car has Four wheel independent suspension for a smooth journey.
This fun to drive car was launched in 2005 keeping in mind its competition. A lot of Honda Accord's were purchased when it was launched, so you will be able to find one of these models.
The car comes is manual transmission mode and automatic transmission mode, the automatic transmission mode model has a V-6 engine. We will discuss the PROS, CONS and SPECIFICATIONS of the automatic transmission model.
- The acceleration which you get is really nice.
- The instruments are easy to read and understand.
- The company Honda is synonymous with Reliable products.
- The handling of the car is good as it can be easily manoeuvred
- The passenger compartment is a little small.
- the short seat buttons are also a little irritating.
- The car has air conditioner to provide you with comfort in difficult weather.
- The car also packs a telescoping steering wheel with the steering wheel also being a Tilt steering wheel.
- There are also cup holders in the car for increased comfort and luxury along the front and rear beverage holders.
- The car has a variable valve control with number of valves being 16.
- The fuel on which the car runs on is regular unleaded.
- The torque that is produced is 161 lb.-ft. @ 4,500RPM.
- The car is loaded with security and safety features like immobilize, overhead air bags and ABS brakes.
- There is also an occupant sensing airbag.
- The front seats are bucket type seats.
- The car has a maximum seating capacity of 5.
- 1gal is the fuel tank capacity of the vehicle.
With this 2011 model you might still be able to cash in on the five-year roadside-assistance policy or five-year/60,000-mile warranty in some cases. These cars come from the house of Hyundai which has earned a lot of reputation in the market in the last 5 years.
Let's have a closer look at the vehicle.
- It is an eco friendly car with Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle II rating.
- It has sport look with the three-door's look.
- The car's handling is pretty great.
- The interiors are durable and are made to last long.
- The turning circle is 33.1ft
- The engine noise might become irritating.
- It lacks Bluetooth connectivity.
- The width of the vehicle is 5ft 6.7in and its height is 4ft 9.9in.
- It has git the front leg room of 42.8 inches and rear leg room of 34.3 inches so as to provide enough space for passengers.
- The fuel tank has a capacity of 11.9 gallons
- It has an EPA mileage estimation of about 28mpg in the city and 34mpg on the highways.
- It has a 1.6L engine and has 16 valves.
- It has a horsepower of 110 hp @ 6000 rpm.
- The suspensions are MacPherson strut front suspension and Torsion beam rear suspension.
- The instrumentation has low fuel level warning, tachometer with clock.
- The size of the steel wheels are 14 x 5.0 in. wheels.
- The car also has front and rear head airbags along with Dual front side-mounted airbags to increase safety of the passengers.
- The car has got Rear height adjustable headrests.
#7. 2007 Honda Civic
This car has been a popular car in the compact class. The Honda launched this updated and revamped car in the year 2007. Honda offered various versions DX, LX, and EX models with a 140hp of power when the car launched.
This has been a popular car even among customers looking for a family car.
- The refinement done on this car from its previous models is really nice.
- There are 6 standard airbags that come with this car.
- The quality of the interiors of the car is amazing.
- The car offers More-powerful drive trains.
- Lack of manual hybrid
- There has been some issues with wheel and hub of the car.
- There are also certain vibrations in the car that have been felt due to the engine mount.
- It lacks heated seats.
- There is no Bluetooth available to connect with the vehicle.
- It is a front wheel drive with a 5 speed transmission.
- It has 4 inline cylinders.
- The fuel economy is 26mpg in the city and 34 on the highways.
- The car is 4 ft. 5.5 in tall, 5 ft. 8.9 inches wide and 14 ft. 6.8 inches in length.
- The car has got 42.6 inches of front leg room.
- It runs on Regular unleaded fuel.
- The valve timing is variable and there are 16 valves in total.
- The front seats are of bucket type.
- The car has got power steering to improve its handling and also has Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
- There are also front door pockets to keep extra stuff.
- There is also a trunk light so that one can easily use the trunk even in the night.
- It has an element antenna.
A mandatory addition in this list of the best used cars under 8000 dollars, this American classic has proven itself time and again. The car is known for its timeless style and design.
Read ahead to know more about the vehicle, its pros, cons and details.
- The fast acceleration of the car is a plus.
- The car is built to last, with its strong built.
- The v8 engine used is one the best engines in this segment.
- The handling of the car is also good, it handles well around corners.
- The capacity of the trunk is also nice.
- The crash test ratings of this car.
- The car is easy to drive.
- The interiors of this car are not at all attractive.
- The mileage of the car is not the best in the segment; it does drink up some gas.
- The Winter traction with RWD
- It has power door mirrors.
- The car produces high torque of 265 lb.-ft. @ 4,000RPM and horsepower of 224hp @ 4,750RPM.
- The fuel tank when filled completely can store up to 19.0gal.
- The car uses regular unleaded fuel.
- the fuel economy in the city is just 17mpg where as it is a little more on the highways, 25mpg.
- The car is packed with some nice features like Rear window defroster, Delay-off headlights and Variably intermittent wipers which adds to the comfort of the car.
- the car has speed control also the steering wheel is tilt steering wheel.
- ABS brakes are a safety feature of the car along with Dual front impact airbags and Immobilizer.
- The rear seat are of Bench type.
#5. 2003 Ford Escape
This car from Ford is an example of what a comfortable and easy ride should be like. The car has a lot of room for your other stuff. It has been one of the most popular compact SUV by Ford. This is a really good choice for someone looking to buy a used SUV.
A further look into the specifications and other details is here.
- It is one of the most budget friendly cars.
- The fuel mileage by this car is also great.
- The large cargo space available comes in handy.
- The car is very easy to handle and drive.
- The rear cargo has a lift gate.
- Doesn't have the same towing capacity as you would get in a full sized SUV.
- Even though it is an SUV, it still just offers 5 seats.
- The transmission can sometimes become hard to deal with.
- The interior design of the car is not good and feels cheap.
- The car has Air conditioner.
- The car increase your comfort and convenience with Rear beverage holders and Front beverage holders.
- Remote keyless entry is also added as a feature in this car.
- the car comes with Rear window defroster and Rear window wiper to tackle with tough climates.
- The wipers are also Variably intermittent wipers.
- The off road capabilities of the car is as follows: The approach angle is at 28.5 degrees, the Departure angle is at 22 degrees.
- The vehicle has a minimum ground clearance of 198mm.
- It has an I4 cylinder configuration and the fuel tank has a capacity of 16 gallons.
#4. 2011 Kia Sedona
It is one of the most famous mini vans ever made, this giant in the world of minivans has a lot of features. If you are looking for a used minivan then this is one of the best options available. The vehicle also has 10-year/100,000 mile warranty which will be still valid in most of the cars now. Years of happy and satisfied journey can be guaranteed with this car.
Read ahead to get a more insightful review of Pros, Cons and Specification of the vehicle.
- There are a lot of safety features.
- It has been a good performer in National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) crash tests.
- The EPA fuel economy is also good.
- The car is spacious and has good room for a family.
- It lacks an all wheel drive option; also the 4 cylinder option is not available in this minivan.
- There are not enough entertainment features.
- It has a single power train.
- It is a front wheel drive with a 3.5L engine.
- 7 people can be accommodated in the vehicle.
- The car has a 6 speed automatic transmission.
- The front leg room is 41.7 inches, the second leg room is 40.9 inches and the third leg room is just 34 inches.
- The ground clearance (min) is 6.6 inches.
- The approx fuel tank capacity is 21.1 gal.
- 248 @ 4500 is the net torque produced by the minivan.
- First gear ratio is 4.25 and the sixth gear ratio is 0.77
- The brakes are power brakes, having a 4 wheel brake ABS system.
#3. 2007 Mazda3
The Japanese automobile giant has been manufacturing cars since 1920. The 2007 model of Mazda 3 has been a great success. The car when it launched quickly became popular for its high speed and low maintenance.
- It has a decent mileage.
- The car has been designed very well and it looks sporty and stylish.
- The handling of this vehicle is really nice.
- It is a reliable means of transport.
- There are a lot of cup holders so you don’t spill your drink.
- The front occupant seat is spacious and gives the person ample of room and comfort.
- The engine feels a little underpowered.
- The car is not heavy enough to offers great resistance in extreme weather.
- The back seat space is not much.
- The engine noise also becomes an irritating factor.
- The car offers 148 hp at 6500rpm
- It produces 150 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4500 rpm.
- It has a standard 12 volt power outlet for other extra requirements.
- It comes with a special sequential sport shift.
- There are 16 valves that are there in the car.
- The engine is a 2.0 litres engine with a fuel economy of 28mpg in the city.
- The fuel tank is 14.5 gal large.
- For the safety of the user, the car has Dual front impact airbags.
- The front seat is bucket type whereas the rear seat is split folding type.
- The steering of the car is a power steering and a speed sensing steering.
- The car also has 4 independent suspensions, one for each wheel.
This sedan has been one of the best selling sedans ever launched by Nissan. This 5 door hatchback car has a lot to offer in features and new tech. If you are looking to buy a used sedan under 8000$ then this car is one of the best choices available in the market. This car is fuel efficient as well as it is easy to handle.
- It gives you the most value for your money in this segment.
- It is spacious in both areas, trunk and as well as backseat legroom.
- The braking system is easy with the break-pedal feel.
- Wind and road noise have been a constant problem with this car.
- The interiors of this car are not of great quality.
- The driving dynamics are not so great.
- Maintenance is a little costly when compared to others.
- The engine has a horsepower of 109hp.
- The car produces 107 lb-ft of torque @ 4,400 rpm.
- It has a fuel economy of 27 mpg in the city and 36mpg on the highway.
- Tilt steering wheel, Air conditioning, Front and rear beverage holders, AM/FM radio and CD player are some of the convenience and entertainment features offered by the vehicle.
- The car has electronic instrumentation along with tachometer and trip computer.
- The car is also packed with safety features like Overhead airbag, ABS brakes, Dual front side impact airbags and Occupant sensing airbag. Along with these it also has brake assist.
- The front tires are 185/65HR15.0 BSW and the rear tires are 185/65HR15.0 BSW
- The car has inline 4 cylinder config.
#1. 2004 Mustang GT
If you are looking for a powerful car that has a legacy, and has been a part of American history then Mustang GT is the choice. This is a magnificent addition in this list of top cars under 8k dollars. This is one of those cars that gives you quality performance under the affordability threshold.
Take a deeper look into this option of used car under the 8000$ tag.
- High horsepower.
- The car has a solid build.
- The car is fun to drive.
- It is easy to handle.
- The car has a marvellous design.
- Not enough backseat room.
- Not the best fuel efficient car in this segment.
- It lacks traction control
- It also doesn’t have Engine Immobilizer.
- It has a V6, 3.8 Litre engine.
- It has an automatic gear transmission
- The fuel economy on highways is 25 mpg whereas in cities is just 17 mpg
- The Bore x Stroke is 3.80 x 3.46
- The fuel type is Gas
- The fuel induction technology is Multi Fuel Injection.
- It has total number of 12 valves with 2 valves per cylinder.
- It has a RWD drive train
- The curb weight of the vehicle is 3290 lbs.
- The turning diameter of the vehicle is 33.1 feet
- The Standard Axle Ratio of the car is 3.27
- The complete length of the car is 183.2 inches
- The fuel capacity of it is 15.7 gallons
- It has comfort features like Power Door Locks, Power Windows and Air Conditioning.
- It comes with dual air bags for safety.
- It also has AM/FM Stereo, CD (Single Disc).
Your Suggestions Are Most Welcome
Do you think we’ve missed out on something? If you think there’s a particular used car out there which deserves to be on this list of 2016 cars under 8000 dollars, then do let us know.