We live in a gadget-dominated world where from a small schoolboy to an old man is essentially dependent on their gadgets. In this world, the gadget has emerged as a must-have thing for the modern crop of tech-savvy youngsters and corporates. Today we are going to list 10 Best Tablets Under $500 for you to buy in 2018.
The popularity of the tablet is mostly because of its size and the fact that it’s lightweight. It is a compact computer that gives you the comfort of reading, writing, and working anytime, anywhere and in any body posture/position.
If you have a budget of $500 and trying to figure out which is the more viable tablet in the market, then we have the perfect guide on the best tablets in a budget-friendly range for you.
- 10 Best Tablets Under $500 You Should Buy in 2018
- #10. Dell Venue 8; 8.4-inch screen:
- #9. Lenovo Idea Tab S600: 10.1 Inch Display
- #8. Lenovo Tab 10 Tablet: 10-inch
- #7. Dell Venue 10: 10 inch 32 GB tablet:
- #6. Google nexus 9: 8.9 Inch 32 GB Memory:
- #5. Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet: Windows 10 Tablet:
- #4.Apple ipad mini 3: Newest 16GB model
- #3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2: 9.7 inch:
- #2. Apple ipad air 2: 16GB
- #1. Fire HDX: 8.9 inches, 6GB
10 Best Tablets Under $500 You Should Buy in 2018
|Dell Venue 8||N/A|
|Lenovo Tab 2 10-Inch||N/A|
|Fire HDX 8.9,||$479.99|
|Apple iPad Air 2||N/A|
|Samsung Tab Galaxy S2||N/A|
|Apple iPad mini 3||N/A|
|Google Nexus 9||$479.99|
#10. Dell Venue 8; 8.4-inch screen:
When it comes to sturdy and pocket-friendly tablets under $500 dollars, Dell is the trust-worthy brand. On our list, it successfully secures the lowest i.e. 10th rank, but what makes it a must-buy is the price range. This sturdy tab is highly suitable for daily usage. The screen size is not too big, being perfect for those who prefer compact and smaller sized tablets and tend to avoid the large ones. It will easily fit in your bag. One very interesting feature of this tab is the front side speaker.
They have got their cards right as far as the display, camera and vibrant display quality is concerned. The body and the design of this tablet is one of a kind, very sleek, handy and trendy. The HD display of this tablet is an added plus point; it is detailed and crisp, excellent display quality indeed. One of its cons however is it tends to get slower with usage, many reports have come in of hang issues. Definitely not for those who have issues with the system reboot. The list price is $449, though you may get a discount of up to $100 during sales and offers.
The beneficial features of Dell Venue 8
- 8.4-inch high-resolution HD quality display with touchscreen feature.
- Android Lollypop system.
- 8 Megapixel rear camera for awesome picture quality.
- 2 GB RAM solid state memories 32 GB.
- Z3580 2.33GHz Intel Atom processor.
- Superior sleek design.
- Powerful speakers placed on frontal side.
- Affordable Price range $327.95 to $449.00
#9. Lenovo Idea Tab S600: 10.1 Inch Display
This 10.1 inches wide tab by leading manufacturer company Lenovo manages to secure the 9th position in our list of the 10 best tablets under $500. It is suggested for those who prefer big screen sizes and high-quality display. The tab costs around a hundred dollars more than the Lenovo Tab2. It comes with a 10.1 inch HD quality super clear display that can almost be compared to the Apple displays.
The overall feel of this tablet is quite amazing. The main attraction of this tablet is that it allows the addition of micro SD cards, which is seldom found in tablets of this range. You may not be able to move your apps to SD card memory but you can surely store all the music, documents, images, movies, videos and other media files there. This basically means that the memory can be expanded as far as the media files and document storage is concerned.
The price of this tab is, however, a downside as it is less feature-packed for this price range. 5 Megapixel rear camera and only 1GB ram is another disadvantage for users who want more from their tablets.
The Beneficial Features of Lenovo Tab S600:
- 10.1-inch high-resolution full HD quality display and touch.
- 2 GHz Quad core processor with Android 4.1 KitKat operating system.
- 1 GB RAM and 16 GB flash storage with up to 32 GB expandable SD card Slot that stores audio, pictures and other media files.
- 5MP back camera.
- Price: $285.99
#8. Lenovo Tab 10 Tablet: 10-inch
It is another budget-friendly tablet from the same manufacturer i.e. Lenovo. Lenovo tab 10 is not far behind the TabS600. Tab 10 secures its 8th place on our list of under $500 tablets successfully for its unbelievable pocket-friendly price. The MRP itself is less than 200 dollars. A 1.5 GHz quad-core tablet at this rate is just amazing. You may be able to get it for $180 online.
It has amazing battery life and if you are a reader person or a person who loves gaming, movie watching and TV addict then this tablet will serve you well. These good tabs under $500 come with multi-speakers enhanced by very powerful 3-D Dolby Atom sound system.
This is a sheer bliss for movie buffs. The 10 inches full LCD display is a feature that you scarcely get at this rate. The downside, however, is the memory is only 16 GB flash. Another point is that it uses Android KitKat not the latest version of the Android platform (Lollypop).
The beneficial Features of Lenovo Tab 2:
- 10 inch high-resolution HD quality LCD display with touch screen feature.
- Powerful Lithium Ion battery for extended battery life (up to 8 to 10 hours in optimal condition), 1.5 GHz Quad core processor, Android KitKat.
- 8 Megapixel back camera.
- 2GB RAM and Flash memory are 16GB.
- Available in attractive colours.
- Price Range: $170.99 to $199.99.
#7. Dell Venue 10: 10 inch 32 GB tablet:
Dell venue 10 is another great tablet from Dell that secures the 7th place on our list of feature-rich tabs on a budget. It comes with 10.5 inches superfine quality display screen enabled with higher brightness for enhancing even the minutest points on your touchscreen interface. This tablet gives complete windows experience and hence with a keyboard attachment it can easily replace your heavyweight laptop.
This tablet has a very robust and durable body so you can actually use it instead of using your old laptop; even without the keyboard if you are comfortable using touchscreen virtual keypads it will successfully cater to all your official as well as personal gadget needs. This tablet is enabled with the latest Android Lollypop operating system and is extremely user-friendly. You can easily install apps using Wi-Fi in moments and delete them with a swift stroke of your finger when the app becomes irrelevant.
Awesome full HD video graphics and powerful Maxx Audio surround sound built-in speakers. Dell Venue 10 is the very good tablet in this range. Missing HDMI port is one of the few downsides to this tablet.
The beneficial features of Dell Venue 10:
- 5 inch OLED display with Intel HD video graphics feature.
- 9-inch high resolution 2048 x 1536 pixel IPS TFT LCD display.
- 2GB RAM 32GB hard drive memory.
- 2GB RAM with 16GB to 32 GB hard drive memory, USB 2.0 micro SD card slot.
- 8MP rear and 2MP front side camera for great pictures and superior selfies.
- Maxx Audio surrounds sound speakers.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Intel Atom processor with Android 5.0.2 Lollypop OS.
- Price range- $399.98-$479.98
#6. Google nexus 9: 8.9 Inch 32 GB Memory:
HTC Nexus has come up really fast as Google’s partner in computer manufacture. Google Nexus 9 becomes the 6th position holder in this list because of its powerful performance and 8.9 inch TFT IPS display. It is a very popular tab by HTC Nexus and definitely earns its spot in our list.
This offers Wi-Fi connectivity and 2.0 USB port. Has high battery life (up to 15 hours) as well. Nexus 9 is a very good tablet at a pocket-friendly rate. The screen is about medium-sized, which makes it appealing to most consumers.
A beneficial feature of Google Nexus 9 :
- 5 inch OLED display with Intel HD video graphics feature.
- 9-inch high resolution 2048 x 1536 pixel IPS TFT LCD display.
- 2GB RAM 32GB hard drive memory.
- 8 Megapixel rear camera.
- Powerful 2.3 GHz Tegra Processor with Android Lollypop 5.0.1 OS.
- Price range- $479.99- $355.00
#5. Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet: Windows 10 Tablet:
One of the great tablets that can actually replace your laptop is the very popular Microsoft Surface 3 tablet. It uses the highly discussed Windows10 Operating system. A windows 10 tablet is rarely found at this price range. The big and wide 10.8-inch display screen offers multiple benefits such as sketchbook, OneNote, etc. all enabling you to effectively draw your sketches, keep your notes posted, easy reading of PDFs, remote access to desktop and more. In a single word its feature-rich.
The tablet browser is unbelievably fast and the body is very sleek, modern and stylish looking. The cameras and speakers are indeed powerful enabling you to enjoy good pictures and music; especially the iHeartRadio. This tablet is apt for high-end gadget users as it serves more towards official productivity and using this genius for only games and photo edits or cartoon drawing will be a waste of its productivity.
With multitasking abilities and split screen features, it enables users to do work on an array of tasks at the same time, without issues of hanging or screen getting stuck. This tab is great for video calling where you can chat with someone over Skype at one hand and write notes simultaneously on the other hand. The tablet is very fairly priced considering all its features. The one downside is that it is not for traditional android lovers but works as well as any windows tablet should.
Beneficial feature of Microsoft surface 3 :
- 8 inch screen with 1920x1280 pixels resolution.
- Windows 10 OS with 2.4 GHz Atom processor.
- 2GB RAM with 64GB flash memory.
- Up to 10hrs. Sturdy Li battery.
- 68MP back camera.
- Price range- $499.00- $414.98
#4.Apple ipad mini 3: Newest 16GB model
Now any gadget guru would agree that Apple is their personal favorite provided they can afford it. Hence if you are a dedicated Apple lover iPad mini 3 is the right choice for you. This great tablet from Apple lives up to its company name and claims the 4th spot on our list of popular tablets.
The price range varies from $299- $ 499 depending on the memory of the tablet. If you go for higher memory (64 GB) you need to pay more. But even if you settle down for this 16 GB model the newest cellular data feature amazes you, making it very unique. If you can get Apple tablet for $299 why take anything else!
A beneficial feature of iPad Mini 3 :
- Wi-Fi data+ Cellular data. Use your data card to get internet access anytime, anywhere.
- 9-inch screen with 1536x2048 pixels Retina Display screen resolution.
- 1GB RAM and 16 GB internal Memory.
- 5 Megapixel face time detection back camera.
- 3 GHz processor with Apple 8 OIS.
- Price- $299-$499 (It’s Apple iPad).
#3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2: 9.7 inch:
The S2 is a unique product amongst the tabs under 500 dollars. This Samsung Galaxy series tab claims the 3rd position in the list. The 9.7-inch screen is big and wide enough and comes with the latest Android Lollipop 5.1. The tab is claimed to have the best touchscreen interface and can be easily carried in handbags and/or even in jacket side pockets.
A very lightweight and sleek looking tablet definitely wins a lot of fashion freak hearts. The key focus of this tablet is on its extremely unique high definition, crisp and sharp AMOLED display; this screen resolution and quality are capturing a lot of hearts lately. It is enabled with all the lucrative features that Samsung Galaxy series has to offer.
The beneficial feature of Samsung Galaxy S2, 9.7inch
- 7 inches screen with 2048x1536 pixel screen resolution.
- 9 GHz Intel processor and Android Lolipop OS.
- 3GB RAM with 32 GB internal memory.
- Superior Li battery; two batteries for added life.
- Bluetooth connectivity and 8MP back Camera.
- Price range - $499-$399.
#2. Apple ipad air 2: 16GB
Apple iPad Air 2 with 16 GB memory claims the 2nd spot under the best 10 tablets under $500 for Apple tablets are without any debate one of the best. The Apple 8 IOS platform is far superior to Android or Windows because of their high-end security and high battery life. This Apple tablet comes with 2GB RAM and has the Latest Wi-Fi come Cellular data feature of Apple tablet. This Tablet is 10 inches long and comes with the highly sought after Retina Display technology.
It weighs merely 15 ounces with a terrific robustness to its body. Apple anyhow defeats all other brands in terms of smart designs and great compact technology. This tablet is enabled with co-processor M8 motion along with the 1.5 GHz main build and A8X chipset to give unparalleled speed and productive output.
With an Apple tablet, you will hardly ever complain about hang issues or reboots or system malfunctions. Easy to carry Apple iPad Air 2 is affordable and has a class of its own.
The beneficial feature of Apple iPad Air 2
- Wi-Fi data+ Cellular data. Lightweight and sturdy, use it anytime, anywhere.
- 2GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory.
- 8MP back camera with HD FaceTime iSight feature.
- Apple 8 IOS, 10 Inch Retina Display HD Screen.
- A8X Architecture chip with M8 Motion.
- Highly secured interface, attractive colours.
- High speed output.
- Prine Range- $499 to $416.
#1. Fire HDX: 8.9 inches, 6GB
As we reach the end of our list Fire HDX most rightfully claims the topmost spot in the 10 Best Tablets under 500. This is a feature loaded tablet that exceeds all expectations and capturing a popularity that spreads faster than fire. This tablet is lightweight, easy to carry, and comes with an unparalleled design. Its unique 2.5 GHz quad- core processor gives amazingly fast outputs. This beats all others in memory space as well as it has 2GB RAM and ^$ GB memory space. It supports 24x7 all year round live free video.
The Amazon Underground is an unbeatable app store that includes numerous free apps, in-app purchases, and games. A must buy for game lovers as it gives free lives, level unlocking and more. Amazon Underground is just awesome. The almost 9inches screen comes with HDX display which gives Retina Display some competition. Well, these are only a few upsides of Fire HDX; a single article is too small to talk about it with almost no downside to this tablet.
The beneficial features of Fire HDX, 8.9 inches :
- 9 inches HDX screen with 2560x1600 pixels, 339 ppi screen resolution.
- 8 MP HD back camera with 720p VGA front camera.
- Awesome app supportive features like AMAZON UNDERGROUND.
- Enhanced superior quality, distortion free sound system.
- 2GB RAM, 64GB internal storage plus free cloud storing of Amazon contents (photos, music, books, movies etc) to infinite limits.
- Fastest browsing and extremely powerful yet slim tablet.
- Price range- $479.99 to $429.99.
A lot of factors contribute towards compiling of this list of good tablets under 500 dollars. The products listed above are evaluated and compared on the basis of performance, their battery life, screen size, quality, and usability. But most importantly, it caters to the needs of the smart-consumers and millennial who know just what they want. Being just on the $500 list, the tablet is not restricted to the features front.
So don’t think you might get a feature-rich or sturdier tablet because you are paying a higher price. The important aspect here is to consider your requirements and needs, before purchasing one.
All in all, this list should cater to versatile consumer needs, but if you feel that something is amiss here, do let us know.
And if you see something that takes care of your technical front, then go ahead and buy one. Stay happy, stay techie.