The good thing about the competition-rich market of today is the fact that, it is a win-win situation for all end consumers. Brands and tech companies are bringing in new products on a daily basis, which are rich in cutting edge features. And the prices too keep coming down, to increase the overall sales. This is the status quo of the gadget market of today, and it is not likely to change anytime soon.
As per the status of high-end budget devices, companies like Micromax, Xiaomi, One Plus One, etc. have taken down many global leaders in the Indian market.
However, the likes of HTC, Sony and other big brands still manage to attract gadget lovers with their impeccable handsets.
So here’s our list of the best mobile phones below 8000 rupees, which are easy on your pocket but high on performance.
#10. Samsung Galaxy J2 – Price INR 7590
- Simple Android OS
- 4.7 inch AMOLED touch screen with 16 M colour support
- 2000 mAH lithium ion battery
- Impressive screen resolution of 540x 960 with a PPI density of 234
- An internal memory of 8GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB as per the needs
Planning to make an entry into the world of 4G signals? Then welcome home a Samsung Galaxy J2. The name Samsung embedded on a cover speaks for itself; it can be dubbed as the number one brand that saw the transition of India from plain mobile phones to Smartphones.
Current model Galaxy J2 is a new communication in the same design language of Samsung, which is prevailing and setting the new standards of vogue amongst the first time smartphone users.
Also Read: 25 Fun Apps for Android (2017) to open the Doors of Happiness
It is a super sleek design with a metallic finish that gives it a cool look, and reminds you that it is yet another laureate coming from the house of Samsung. Ergo, it is rightfully a part of this list of the best smartphones under 8000 rupees in India.
- Cool camera with advanced features like Geotagging and touch focus on enhancing your photography experience
- Has a 5MP rear camera loaded with LED flash and a 2 MP front camera with face detection.
- Ultra Data saving feature to restrict the use of unnecessary applications.
- Super AMOLED displays equipped with brighter contrast and sharp colour palette.
- Just fine for 4G environment by all standards.
- Bluetooth application may have some problems while connecting with devices other than Samsung
- 1 GB RAM can find it difficult to handle the speed of 4G transmission
#9. Micromax Canvas fire 4A107 – Price INR 5,499
- 1.3 GHz quad core processor
- 1 GB RAM, with 8 GB internal memory
- Light weighted phone with 11.4 CM FWVGA screen
- Optimum dimensions of 19.1 x 13.7 x 4.8 cm
With firing sensation adding a new glitter into the canvas series, this phone is your passport to the world of Smartphones. Functions are easy to operate for the beginners, and once they get familiarized with the game, then again this phone will not disappoint them because it has the power to handle entry-level games up to 800 MB with comfort.
Special features like backlight alert will never leave a scope for you to miss any notification coming your way. It has its own share of some addictive pre-loaded apps to offer. These apps make sure you get an easy navigation into the world of gaming and music that is waiting for you on the internet. It is an ideal value for money product.
Just like many other canvas series phones, this phone is creating positive ripples right from the time of its introduction.
- Best looks to compete with high range phones available in the market
- Corning Gorilla glass 3 screen makes it scratch proof up to a great extent
- Colour depth of 16.7 M in match with 480 x 854 screen resolution
- 8 MP rear camera with HD playback
- Blazing dual speakers for mesmerizing sound output
- Hanging problem may occur while using heavy websites on net
- Battery life is not up to the mark with current user patterns
- Upgrades offered by manufacturer can cause trouble
#8. Lenovo A6000 - Price INR 6,305
- Android Kitkat, 1 GB RAM
- 12.7 CM HD display with IN-PLANE SWITCHING options
- Dolby Digital Plus sound with enhanced volume levels
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED Flash
- 1.2Ghz 64-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Supports high-speed LTE (4G) networks along with 3G, GSM, and Wi-Fi
An enhanced phone optimized for Indian weather conditions, Lenovo has this uncanny knack of designing and improving products in the same price bracket. A 600 is a great example for the same.
This 4G enabled device, scores high on all possible functional areas. You can edit documents and spreadsheets with ease and command. You can enjoy videos and try your hands in gaming.
This phone supports all the functions at a blazingly high speed. Right from amazing sound to available best data speed, this Smartphone is truly smart in every sense to handle the inputs, and procure fast and timely outputs to match with your efficiency.
- Amazing in build apps to handle music and connect you to some big music libraries
- Speaker output can be considered as the USP of the phone
- Lenovo Doit Apps allows you to handle security-related hassles and other data transfers
- It gives you a great battery life
- Internet connectivity can deceive you sometimes
- Battery in weaker signal zones can take you for a ride
- Absence of a Gorilla glass can put some additional pressure on your pocket
- Sometimes you need to clear the RAM in order to make it work fine
#7. LG L70 DUAL D325– Price INR 8,000
- Friendly towards connectivity technologies like HSDPA
- Impressive product dimensions of 18.8 x 5.2 x 15.6 cm
- Runs on KitKat version of Android operating system.
- The screen size of 4.5 inches that has this power to flash a 16 M colour palate.
Belonging to the thinnest and lightest clan of Smartphones, this dual SIM phone is a package that can carry and handle heavy applications with great ease. It is a low-cost wonder with high performance. The super touch screen of this phone has received some rave reviews already, and made it to the list of the best android phones below 8000 rupees.
Related: 10 Best Android Clock Widgets (2017) to Revamp How to See Time 😉
Apart from the regular services, the camera of this phone is a bit special. With features like Panorama and secondary VGA camera, the photographic ability of this phone will mesmerize you at times.
Overall, a nice experience is on the cards for you, when you are planning to make a purchase of this true beauty available in multiple colours.
- The captivating LCD touch screen is quick and works in a responsive interface
- 5MP camera with HD video recording option
- You can get this access to high-end mobile apps and games
- Camera is equipped with geotagging, touch focus and auto face detection
- Loaded with two mini slim slots, just apt to manage your professional and personal life in a single go
- Sturdy exterior with sleek looks
- Poor internal memory, when you load many applications then things becomes worse.
- In some cases, it does not support video call facility offered by the carrier
- Other accessories like flip case etc are in short supply
#6. Mi Redmi 2 Prime 4G - Price INR 6,999
BUY NOW FROM AMAZON
- Feather like grip with a weight of 130 Gm
- Shows an affinity with many connectivity technologies like GSM, (900/1800 MHz), 3G, WCDMA, (900/2100 MHz), 4G LTE, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Operating system- Android with impressive 2 GB RAM
- Impressive power rating of battery with 2200 points
- Inbuilt security facility to take care of unauthorized access. It also creates a security layer against virus and other malefic software attacks
If you are here to leave a mark and love to tame a machine as per your needs, then this is the machine that you were always looking for. This phone connects you to MIUI interface. It is an interface that further connects you to a world of customization where you can share some amazing tools and shortcuts, and change your functionality completely.
MIUI interface is a boon for people who want to keep it exclusive in regular surroundings. It is a living system where you can contribute innovations as well. This amazing function certainly brings it out of the clutter and forms a cutting edge for the phone.
- 8 MP camera with backside illumination for low light photography expeditions
- Cortex-A53 processor on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 410 generates double power in comparison with the regular processors; this ensures a fluid working routine for you
- 1280x720 HD resolutions at 312 pixels per inch (PPI).
- 178° in-plane switching (IPS) technology that kills the distortion of images when you see it from multiple angles
- Some people might find MIUI interface a little too complicated for their comfort
#5. Microsoft Lumia 535 - Price INR 6,759
- Windows operating system with 1 GB RAM
- Ambient light sensor and all regular sensors
- Weight – 145 gm
- Battery power rating of 1905
- 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 Quad-Core Processor
Microsoft has created a parallel stream in the world of Smartphone telephony. Lumia 535 is a budget option, and it has a Lumia selfie app attached to it. And this app gives you a direct access to the selfie mode, and allows you to amend them right at the point of click. Video calls of this phone are an impressive feature, and command a business like accuracy in reception and transmission of the pictures.
Windows phones can be fun phones; features like Radio Mix, Instagram and Xbox will change your perception about windows phone considerably. Regular features to support your office work are always present there and they are improving it with each passing day.
- Over the air updates of windows, apps and functions will keep you with the times they are very generous in offering these updates
- 5 inch Gorilla glass screen specially designed for improved readability
- 15 GB of online storage free with One Drive
- Just suitable for Facebook video conferencing and Skype chat sessions
- Both rear and front cameras are fantastic, phone supports all the basic photo-editing tools
- Many android apps are not compatible with this phone
- Some phones may have this touch issues that can be resolved with the help of software support
- Direct Skype video call button
#4. Panasonic Eluga S - Price INR 7,649
- Processor: 1.4GHz True octa-core processor
- Android KitKat operating system
- IPS LCD HD (720 x 1,280 pixels) display
With the introduction of Eluga, Panasonic has created this exquisite series of mobiles rolling one after another. Eluga S is an upgraded version in the terms of software, after some glitches of previous phones in the same series was resolved. It is a lightweight phone with a leather feel, caressing your fingers when you touch it on the rear side.
This dual SIM phone has all the powers to handle your personal life and professional life at the same time, by giving you ease in multitasking operations. 8 GB of internal memory sounds a bit less, but it is more than enough because 5 GB of this memory is free for other apps, games, and videos. Features as True Octa Core has the power to open a new host of possibilities for you, once you will be well versed with the primary operations.
- Battery life is strong it can handle heavy performance
- Intricately stitched leatherette skin for classy and expensive looks along with a comfort that adds into the ergonomics of the phone
- Features like Blink play are a true delight for selfie lovers
- Blink play also enables you to take some amazing and impossible selfies that are not possible without a selfie stick
- SIM Tray of the phone is a mischievous area; it can sometimes block the SIM.
- First time booting of the phone can be a tricky job, you cannot change SIM very frequently because it can block the SIM
- Users have also complained about it being uncomfortable to hold because of its big design.
- The biggest drawback in this phone is the missing 4G LTE network, which is widely spreading its wings in India
#3. Microsoft Lumia 550 4G - Price INR 7,974
- Windows v10 operating system that can be upgraded from time to time
- 1.1GHz Qualcomm processor is capable of handling the speed of 4G transmission
Welcome to the world of Windows Smartphones, and this time, they are welcoming you with Windows 10 and Edge Browser. These offered amazing office phone experiences in the past, and are now gearing up to become fun phones as well.
We would also like to remind you of one more aspect, the hardware of windows phones are well in sync with the software and this is why it is an optimum experience for the users.
With Lumia 550 4G you can always graduate to 4G frequency, and this phone has the power to accommodate fast transmission of data. It covers most of the bandwidths that you can encounter when you are opting for an LTE 4G SIM.
It is an ideal device when you are graduating to a new platform. And it is a kind of status quo when you are switching over to a better frequency.
- LCD multipoint capacitive touch screen with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution for better reading experience
- Denominations of 315 PPI pixel density and 16M colour support adds a new vibrancy into the pictures and videos
- 1GB RAM, which is much better in comparison with its android counterparts
- 8GB internal memory expandable up to 200GB
- Has an affinity with various connectivity denominations of 4G platform like (800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz)
- Not all the android apps are applicable on the phone, and at times, you might find that you are living in a secluded world.
#2. Lava Iris X8 - Price INR 7,499
- Operating system Android KitKat
- 12.7 cm (5.0) HD display with ASHAI protection cover against scratches
- It can capture 1080p FHD-quality videos very easily
- Octa-Core Processor compliments 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB of internal memory to pack videos and apps when you are on the go
Bring home this master multitasker and have the fun of witnessing some life-like images when you are searching on your favourite site. This future-ready phone has the power to mesmerize you with its seamless operation speeds. Add a new spark to you glamour quotient with this sleek design to catch the fancy of onlookers.
Next Read: 21 Best Unique Android Launchers (2017) that will make you Happy!
It is a phone designed in sync with your wish lists, and it can capture amazing images and display them on a screen that can add oomph to the proceedings. The touch screen is sensational and battery life is satisfactory when you are watching videos regularly.
- 8MP auto-focus camera with BSI 3 Sensor for sophisticated camera operations
- Introduction of gesture technology so that you can access your applications with the help of hand movements
- Amazing light sensor to adjust screen brightness and conserve battery life
- The camera comes with a resolution of over 13 million pixels and an autofocus of 0.1 seconds.
- Asahi Dragon Trail Glass for a scratch free experience
- Bluetooth v4.0 technology for seamless peer-to-peer connectivity
- 5 inch IPS HD screen just apt for all angle viewing
- Back panel is not up to mark if you are using it too frequently
- Sound output is not satisfactory
#1. Lenovo A526 - Price INR 7,500
- Quad core 1.3 GHz CPU for amazing results
- 145 grams in weight
- Display: 4.5-inch FWVGA multi-touch capacitive touch screen Display Resolution: 854 x 480 pixels
Last but not the least on this list of the best mobiles under 8000 rupees, is the Lenovo A526. It is a versatile phone to handle your mood swings, with its long lasting battery it is an ideal companion when you are in a working MODE. With a captivating camera and remarkable display, it can bring alive all the fun of capturing moments and reliving them by playing them on a colourful and vibrant screen of this phone. It is an affordable Smartphone bundled with some amazing features, to cater various segments of customer like business phone users etc.
It is a responsive phone which has the power to mould itself into various interfaces, as the users require it. Jelly Bean OS can help this phone in optimizing its business; it can speed up the processor when you are looking for a heavy-duty performance. Similarly, it can slow down certain applications when they are not required, this feature can save battery for the device considerably.
- HSPA+ (up to 21Mbps download speeds) ensures a fast data transfer
- Bright 4.5” WVGA TFT display to compliment the powerful camera setup of the phone
- Lenovo premium apps
- five hours of uninterrupted talk time on 2G and three hours on 3G networks
- Standby time of 396 hours on 2G and 300 hours on 3G networks
- Battery may heat up in low network zones
- Performance of Primary camera is far beyond the benchmarks set by other players in same price category
Have Less Budget? Check this out, Mobile phones under Rupees 5000 for India
Have Higher Budget? Smart phones under Rupees 10,000 or India
Final Thoughts on the List
With so many options to choose from, one often gets confused which variant to choose or which brand of smartphones to buy from. Ergo, find the right balance between what you need and what you don’t.
Do you think we missed out on something in this list of the best mobile phones under 8000 rupees? If yes, we’ll be happy to hear you out.